Our FAQ Hand Sanitiser & Hygiene Products provide our customers with general information, but we always advise reading the latest government advice before making any safety decisions.
Many of us like a drop of alcohol in our cocktails or wine glass – but did you know it can actually save lives too? Alcohol has the remarkable ability to deactivate the proteins in both viruses and bacteria in a process called denaturation, which effectively kills them, removing any danger.
Ah, no. Best not. While splashing some booze on your hands would kills off some of those germs, pure alcohol is super drying for your hands. It’s also not totally effective on its own and benefits from being mixed with a little water, plus some emollients to protect the skin on your hands.
While some products have a fairly endless shelf life – hand sanitiser ain’t one of them. Time and exposure to air destroys the most active ingredients. Stick to fresh bottles of hand santiser (such as the ones in our Hygiene Packs) and you’ll know you’re safe.
To be effective at killing germs and viruses, hand sanitiser needs to have a very high concentration of alcohol, which simply can’t be guaranteed with home-made versions. Plus, the DIY stuff is more likely to dry out your hands, which is dangerous because cracked or damaged hands are more vulnerable to picking up diseases. Stick to the professionally made stuff and give yourself peace of mind.
Another no. Think of hand santiser and hand washing as a double defense – both are super important. Thorough hand washing (remember the 20 second rule and use lots of soap) should be a regular part of your daily routine, but it’s obviously hard to do when you make your occasional trips outside to pick up groceries or run essential errands. This is when hand sanitiser becomes your savior, and the thing to use until you get home and can resume hand washing.
- Face Coverings – What you need to know about face masks….With so many companies and retail outlets now selling PPE, […]
- Coronavirus: Frequently asked questions and useful organisationsAlzheimer’s Society advice and guidence original source here Here are […]
- How long does COVID 19 stay on surfaces?According to PHE, under most circumstances, the amount of infectious […]
- What is dementia?The word ‘dementia’ describes a set of symptoms that may include memory […]
- Government delivers 250,000 clear face masks to support people with hearing lossRapid Fire Supplies have been importing the ClearMask for customers […]