Getting your workplace ready for Covid-19
As businesses, schools and service related sectors re-open, we’ve put together this workplace ready suggested approach. The dynamic situation the world is currently facing means you should always check the latest government advice, but these helpful tips should help get you started and workplace ready.
- Simple ways to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in your workplace.
The low-cost measures below will help prevent the spread of infections such as colds,
flu and stomach bugs in your workplace, protecting your customers, contractors and employees.
Employers should start doing these things now, even if COVID-19 has not arrived in the communities
where they operate.
These measures can reduce working days lost due to illness and stop or slow the
spread of COVID-19 within the workplace.
- Make sure your workplace is clean and hygienic.
– Surfaces (e.g. desks and tables) and objects (e.g. telephones, keyboards) need to be wiped
with disinfectant regularly.
Contamination on surfaces touched by employees and customers is one of
the main ways that COVID-19 spreads.
- Promote regular and thorough hand-washing by employees, contractors and customers.
– Put sanitising hand rub dispensers in prominent places around the workplace. Ensure
these dispensers are regularly refilled.
– Display posters promoting hand washing – ask your local public health authority
or consult Rapid Fire Supplies on our range of products.
– Combine with other communication measures such as offering guidance from
occupational health and safety officers, briefings at meetings and information on intranet
sites to promote hand-washing.
– Ensure that staff, contractors and customers have access to places where they can
wash their hands with soap and water.
Because washing kills the virus on your hands and prevents the spread of COVID19.
- Display posters promoting respiratory hygiene.
Combine this with other communication measures such as guidance from occupational health and safety officers, briefing at meetings, and information on the intranet etc.
– Ensure that face masks and/or paper tissues are available at your workplaces, for those who
develop a runny nose or cough at work, along with closed bins for hygienically disposal.
Because good respiratory hygiene prevents the spread of COVID-19.
- Advise employees and contractors to consult national travel advice before going on business trips.
Brief your employees, contractors and customers that if COVID-19 starts spreading in your
community anyone with even a mild cough or low-grade fever (37.3 C or more) needs to stay at
– Keep promoting the message that people need to stay at home even if they have only
mild symptoms of COVID-19.
Check out our knowledge centre for more information and updates from us, or if you need products you can take a look at our great offers.